What to Consider When Buying a New CT Scanner
Purchasing medical equipment is not much different than buying a car. You first need to decide a budget, followed by arriving at a balance between what you want and what you actually need. As hospitals begin replacing their first-generation 64-slice computed tomography (CT) scanners after a decade of use, there are a number of considerations that should be taken into account by evaluation teams. The CT scanner market in today’s times offers the widest array of CT scanner models, capabilities, and pricing options.
- Price: When the system cost is taken into account, it may be necessary to do a comparison check. Also, the slice count is also helpful when it comes to getting an accurate view of the prices of the CT scanner. The extra costs may be inclusive of ECG motion triggers, injectors, workstations and other accessories. This may also include application based training procedures and other service and warranty agreements.
- Slice count: Once you form an estimate about the pricing, the next mode important feature to be taken into consideration is slice count. It is like the engine of the machine, which can throw light on the technical capabilities of the CT scanner. For example, a 4-slice CT is ideal for urology practices or for a veterinarian clinic, while on the other hand, ERs and urgent care centres, as well as hospitals and high-volume imaging centres should use a 16-slice CT. cardiac, trauma, or high-volume critical care environments should put to use a 64-slice CT scanner, while 128-slice CT scanners are commonly employed by cardiac or research institutions, as these can scan the whole body in seconds and provide impeccably sharp 3D images of any organ.
- Dose optimization: many CT manufacturers are stressing on improved dose modulation techniques, on account of the demand present for lower exposure to radiation. The techniques for modulation of doses are inclusive of the enhancement of efficiency of detector doses, the execution of extra beam filters and the development of reconstruction algorithms for taking into account the X-ray tube currents which are lower. Before making the purchase, one should look NEMA XR-29 Compliance to know if a CT scanner has some of the leading dose optimization features. Iterative reconstruction (IR) is another prime consideration. It is a data reconstruction protocol that remarkably reduces noise and dose. More often than not, it is allocated as a particular feature for the systems which are premium although these are available as add-ons.
- One should also give proper care and consideration when it comes to important technical components which include water cooled and air cooled technologies, the length of the detector array, gantry rotation time, contrast and spatial resolutions, performance of the X-ray tube and overall maintenance and sustainability based requirements. Each of these components play a key role in affecting the diagnostic performance, service costs, and much more, thus being a major determinant for a well-selected CT scanner.
It is worth noting that the cost of running a medical practice is extremely high. Inconvenient payment systems and the constant build-ups of accounts receivables make it increasingly difficult for doctors. Medical equipment loan for doctors can often provide solutions for the countless practitioners who are seeking to adapt to the competitive landscape. A Bajaj Finserv loan for doctors is exclusively designed for a medial practitioner’s unique professional and personal requirements. These are absolutely hassle-free loans that promise doorstep services and instant money credited to the account. The following are some of the advantages:
- Flexi loans: the borrower can withdraw the complete amount or in parts according to his/her convenience.
- Part prepayment facility: Bajaj Finserv allows the borrowers to prepay any amount higher than 3 EMIs minus any charges.
- Online account access: The doctors who avail this loan can manage all their accounts online through Bajaj Finserv’s Customer Portal. This facilitates easy payments and account services.
It can be obtained for the following reasons-
- Improved facilities: With growing technological evolution in the healthcare industry and consistent up-gradation of medical apparatus, doctors often have to deal with the challenges to keeping pace with the up-to-the-mark facilities of the medical industry.
- Advanced medical equipment: Machinery and equipment used in clinics and hospitals are very expensive and cannot be purchased without aid from financial institutions.
- Better infrastructure: Another area which requires additional finances is the expansion of infrastructure, be it another ambulance or some apparatus for specialty care.