Irrespective of whether you own a catering company, restaurant, medical facility, hotel, childcare organisation, or any other type of business that relies on clean linens, it’s important to take a closer look at the benefits and advantages associated with outsourcing your laundry requirements to companies that will do the job for you.
This brief article will help fill in the blanks.
An on Property Laundry (OPL) Department Can Decimate Your Bottom Line
Many of today’s business owners operate under the notion that an OPL is a logistical necessity, one that mitigates superfluous expenses and normalises the laundry cleaning process, but this train of thought could not be any further from the truth:
- Stock Management: The most common textiles – such as employee uniforms, tablecloths, bedspreads, and the like – have a limited lifespan and they tend to be very expensive to replace. Therefore, when taking into account the discolouration, overuse, and theft that occurs throughout the year, you’ll have to allocate a significant amount of working capital just to uphold your assortment of linens on a month-to-month basis.
- Water Usage: Even if you install flow regulators and other consumption mechanisms, it’s important to note that you’ll still waste upwards of 12 litres of water just to wash a single pound of laundry. Depending on your annual usage rate, this can prove to be a gargantuan anchor on your operating budget and does absolutely nothing to boost your revenues.
- Electrical Overhead: Due to the fact that you cannot calculate the exact amount of power required to operate your commercial laundry implements on a month-to-month basis, it is nearly impossible to accurately track your gas, fuel, and electrical consumption. These facilities are not metered separately, which makes it incredibly difficult to regulate your utility expenditures.
- Washing and Drying Liabilities: As any accountant will tell you, it is incredibly challenging for a business of any size to account for the depreciation expenses, maintenance outlays, and repair bills associated with today’s commercial laundry implements, and that’s without mentioning the detergents and other additives you have to purchase on a year-round basis.
As you can see by now, maintaining an OPL essentially means that you’re operating two separate businesses simultaneously, but only one of these departments actually bolsters your revenue stream, while the other serves as a drain on your precious resources.
A Professional Laundry Service Can Help You Save a Fortune on Overhead
If you partner with a reputable laundry service – such as the locally renowned Stalbridge Linen organisation, for instance – you’ll be able to rationalise your logistical approach and save a ton of money along the way. To put it plainly, these firms specialise in managing all of your linen requirements, some of which can be found below:
- Wide selection of linen options, including towels, robes, coverlets, employee jackets, chef’s attire, tablecloths, and anything else you might need based on the nature of your business.
- Comprehensive delivery and pickup service regardless of your business’ locale.
- Industrial strength cleaning for all of your necessities, which ensures you’ll always have access to an immaculate assortment of linens.
- Enhanced scalability to help you account for seasonal fluctuations, special occasions, and operational expansion (or contraction).
- On-demand stock replacements to reinforce in-house constancy.
- Dedicated personal liaison to help manage your account.
- No long-term contracts or obligations regardless of your specific industry or niche.
So if you’re ready to slash your overhead expenditures and alleviate the strain on your daily ops, be sure to reach out to a local laundry specialist for a free quote and needs-based assessment. It’s one of the best things you can do for your business in today’s day and age.