Interested in Starting Cardio? This Article Can Help You to Do It Safely!
There is no doubt that cardio is the go-to exercise for those wanting to lose weight or tone up their muscles quickly. And while the activity may be effective, if you jump into it (pardon the pun) without the right preparation then you can cause serious health issues and injury.
Below are some tips which can help you to get started safely with cardio.
What Are You Rushing For?
Here is what happens to the majority of people who attempt to undertake cardio exercises.
- You are sitting at work and decide that it’s finally time to do something about your health and fitness.
- Of course, the quickest way to do this is with cardio workouts.With this in mind, you use your lunch break to visit a local sports store and you pick out an entirely new outfit to wear. The best-looking one you can find!
- As soon as you get home, you forego sitting on the couch in favor of running around your block until you can’t run anymore.
- You then return home with a great feeling of accomplishment, exclaiming that you have discovered a new lifestyle and can’t wait to run again tomorrow.
- Of course, the next morning when you wake up you quickly find that your legs are so sore that you aren’t sure you will ever walk again.
- Once you finally make your way out of bed, you tell everybody you meet that you will never undertake the activity again!
Sound familiar? You aren’t alone.
Instead of completing the cycle each time you have the idea to improve your health and fitness levels, be sure to take it slow. For example, if you currently perform no physical activity then, on your first day, consider just walking around the block a few times, returning home while you still feel good and aren’t gasping for air.
Once you have done this for a few days, increase it slightly over the course of a month until, by the end, you are completing a full routine. By using this technique your body has a chance to become accustomed to the stress you are putting it under.
The Right Gear
If there is one thing which the person in the example above got right, it was to head to their local sports store and get a new outfit. However, it doesn’t have to be the most fashionable or the most expensive, it just has to be right.
For example, if you are taking up running, take advantage of a full beauty coupon at Groupon Coupons and pick up clothes which can keep your skin dry and ventilated. Similarly, if you plan on jogging, be sure that you have the right shoes for the task.
While it can seem easy enough to use what you have around the home, items like the wrong shoes can cause you serious injuries.
Stretch it Out
There is no denying that stretching is boring. There, we said it! But, that doesn’t mean that it isn’t effective.
Stretching before each workout, no matter the intensity level is the best way to release any tension in your muscles caused by sitting at the desk all day long at work. Stretching after each workout is also the best way to promote the flow of blood and oxygen to your muscles, helping to start the healing process early and reduce the pain you feel the next day.
Improving your health and fitness is a great idea, however, it’s important that undertake the task correctly to avoid injury.