A Rudimentary Overview of How to Tow Your Vehicle
Regardless of whether you happen to be shifting properties, heading out for an extensive camping trip, or simply wishing to convey your vehicle from point A to B, it’s important to understand the basics of contemporary towing, especially if you’ve never attached hauling equipment to your RV, truck, or other large-scale lorry.
In this regard, there are three mandatory components that you’ll need.
This implement is designed to securely link your dinghy to your tow vehicle and it comes in two distinctive constructs:
- RV-mounted tow bars, which are inserted directly into your lorry’s hitch receiver and then connect to the front of the dinghy. However, you may need a customised straight drawbar coupling to account for your lorry’s unique hitch receiver.
- Car-mounted tow bars are fabricated in an A-frame construct and they allow you to utilise your lorry’s tow ball; however, you might have to obtain a non-locking head to establish a firm connection with your hitch ball.
After identifying the makeup of your tow vehicle’s receiver and ancillary mechanisms, you’ll have to work hand in hand with a reputable towing equipment supplier to select the ideal tow bar.
Base Plate Kit
Next, you’ll have to purchase some base plates to create viable attachment points for your tow bar. But it’s important to ensure that the kit is specially designed to fit your unique vehicle, especially when taking into account the fact that every automobile comes with distinctive frame features and attachment points.
Although the installation procedure is pretty much the same for each kit, you’ll have to ascertain the specific number of bracket pieces and connection sockets required to establish a durable, robust assembly. Your towing equipment supplier can help with this integral task; just be sure to reach out to the team of in-house advisors by phone or e-mail.
Tow Bar Wiring
You are required by municipal regulations to install functional lighting onto your towing system and dinghy, which is why contemporary towbar lighting systems are so important in today’s day and age. With this notion in mind, you’ll have a wide range of modernised lighting options at your disposal but it’s worth your while to ascertain the most suitable products to account for the unique arrangement of your tow bar setup:
- Comprehensive lighting boards
- Three-function twin LED lights
- Customisable circular reflectors
- Surface-mounted marker lights
- Side marker lighting with plastic mounting arms
- Rubber straight stalk indicator lights
- Nearside LED marker lights with a 45-degree bend
Irrespective of whether you’re using a tow dolly or attaching your lorry directly to the vehicle in question, your lighting arrangement is arguably the most important aspect of your towing system.
For increased safety, security, and functionality, you may want to take a look at some of the most popular supplementary components as well:
- Rotating halogen beacons
- Mounted fog lights
- Wheel clamps
- Ball socket locks
- Tow ball steps
- Bumper protection provisions
With this introductory guide in hand, you’ll be able to confidently create a personalised tow bar system for your conveyance needs. Feel free to visit the website of a renowned towing equipment supplier and begin establishing a workable checklist.