2 Easy Ways to Perform Netgear Extender Setup
Netgear Extender Setup provides you a facility to keep your wired or wireless devices like smartphone, tablet, smart TV, computer or laptop connected with a fast Internet connection. In this techno-digital era, when Internet has become an integral part of our lives, it is nothing less than a torture when you are trying to live stream your favorite movie but it is taking ages to load properly. Fortunately, there is an ultimate solution to such issues, i.e. a range extender.
It lets you considerably boost up existing WiFi signals and coverage, providing high Internet in the far corners of house and workplace. Mywifiext is a web address provided by Netgear for making WiFi Range Extender Setup a piece of cake. Range expanders can work with any modem or router.
In case you have multiple rooms in your home or a massive office and router is not fast enough to provide you WiFi signals in another room or office lab, then you must install New Extender Setup to repair all types of Internet connectivity problems.
The main function of wireless booster is to give fast access to digital content which includes audios, videos, mobile and web apps, and other data. This device makes all such data available to you without any need for physical wires.
One can perform Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup in two ways: manual method and WPS method. Both of these methods are briefly described below:
Choose your method for Wireless Extender Setup
Follow the steps below to set up your device manually if it has an Ethernet port:
- Place your device closer to main access point or router.
- Plug it in a socket and let it turns on properly.
- Make use of an Ethernet cable to connect it with your desktop.
- Enter default login details and sign in to Netgear web user interface.
- Once done, click on wireless settings.
- Type the same password as that of home router.
After that, connect your expander with other WiFi devices once again.
In case it doesn’t have an Ethernet port, walk through the instructions given below:
- Take a paper clip and put it in the Factory Reset hole at your extender and reset it.
- Next, connect it to a wireless network.
- Type default username and password in the provided fields accordingly.
- Follow the instructions given on Netgear Genie Setup
- After that, click on New Extender Setup
As soon as you follow the steps carefully, you are ready to use it for increasing the range and coverage of WiFi.
Usually, when you get poor signals at your home, you obviously look for a magic that boost up your Internet quickly. Users can choose any Netgear range expander which suits their personality and fits in budget. It comes with a number of advanced features which you can access after its WPS configuration.
WiFi Protected Setup or WPS requires you to press only a single button, letting the Extender Setup complete within a matter of minutes. The steps are as follows:
- Place repeater as well as router in the same room.
- Plug it in to a power outlet to enable it.
- Connect it to your computer with the help of wireless or wired connection.
- Now, a list of available WiFi networks will be available. Select the one you want.
- On your computer, launch a web browser that will directly take you to the web user interface.
- Select WiFi Range Extender Setup
- Again, select a connection from the given list and hit Continue button.
- Enter login details like username and password.
After you logged in successfully, you can change SSID or network name and ensure that it should be accurate and unique. In order to save the settings you have made, click save button.